COBWEB Project Press Releases
If you have any questions about the project or would like to feature the COBWEB project or members of the project in your publication or media outlet please get in touch with the COBWEB team.
- Book chapter co-authored by Chapman, C. and Hodges, C. 2016. Can Citizen Science Seriously Contribute to Policy Development? A Decision Maker’s View. In: ‘Analyzing the Role of Citizen Science in Modern Research’ L. Ceccaroni and J. Piera (eds), IGI-global (publication pending)
- Ecodyfi via Welsh Country Magazine for Wales, 8 April 2015: Citizen Science project gets underway in the Dyfi Biosphere
- Llywodraeth Cymru, 24 Gorffennaf 2013: Mesurau newydd ac arian newydd i ddiogelu natur Cymru.
- Welsh Government, 24 July 2013: New measures and new money to protect Welsh wildlife.
- Prifysgol Aberystwyth, 17 Ionawr 2013: Ffonau deallus a'r amgylchedd.
- Aberystwyth University, 17 January 2013: Smartphone Environment.
- Environment Systems, 7th January 2013: Environment Systems embarks on 4 year COBWEB Citizen Science Project.
- EDINA, 24 December 2012: COBWEB Project to enable citizen science in UNESCO biospheres.
- Technische Universitat Dresden, 17th December 2012: COBWEB.
Selected Press Coverage of the COBWEB Project
- Papur Newydd Ysgol - Ein Bro School - Newsletter, pp. 34-37: Pasg 2015 / Easter 2015
- Science Node, 23rd March 2-16, Lance Farrell, Is citizen science living up to the standard?
- Natur Cymru, Number 57, Winter 2015-16, pp. 9-13: Lovely Dyfi - progress in the Biosphere
- Papur Newydd Ysgol - Ein Bro School - News Paper, Haf/Summer 2015, pp. 12-17: Ein_Bro_Haf_Summer_2015.pdf
- Papur Newydd Ysgol - Ein Bro School - News Paper, Haf/Summer 2014, pp. 24-5: COBWEB
European Commission Joinup Open Source Observatory, 4th July 2014: Open source to help Wales protect environment
British Ecological Society, 11th December 2013: Is there a role for the citizen scientist in policy making
- Cambrian News, 16th January 2013: Multi-million-pound project set to benefit mid Wales.
- BBC News Mid Wales, 8th January 2013: Dyfi Biosphere Reserve: Smartphones to collect scientific data.
- BBC Radio Wales: BBC Good Morning Wales, 8th January 2013: Interview with Chris Higgins, COBWEB.
- Herald Scotland, 24th December 2012: Apps aim to help conservation fight